Please show all of your work!
1. Polar bears are extremely good swimmers. If a polar bear is swimming with an average of 2.6 m/s, how far will it have traveled after 120 seconds?
2. Tree sloths are the slowest moving mammals. On average, their velocity is 0.743 m/s. How long does it take a tree sloth moving at this velocity to travel 22.3 m?
3. The cheetah, the fastest of land animals, can run a distance of 274 m in 8.65 seconds at its top speed. What is the cheetah’s top velocity?
4. The maximum posted speed limit on the U.S. Interstate Highway System may be found in rural areas of several western states. It is 75 MPH or 121 Km/h or 33.6 m/s. what is the distance, in kilometers, traveled by a car moving continuously at this speed for 3 ˝ hours?
5. The fastest supersonic passenger jet is the
Concorde. How long would it take the
Concorde to travel the 6265 km between
6. The fastest crossing of the